Main features and enhancements in PowerApps for Dynamics 365 Spring 18 Release:
- Entity forms. Create and customize sophisticated forms for Common Data Service for Apps entities directly from model-driven mode on PowerApps.com. Create forms with visual drag-and-drop designers by using a host of custom controls that are available from a rich control library.
- Entity views. Create and customize views for Common Data Service for Apps entities directly from model-driven mode on PowerApps.com. Use point-and-click tools to create filters, set the sort order, and choose which columns to display.
- Business process flows. Associate one or more business process flows with your model-driven app to focus your users' experience through a specific set of guided steps.
- Dashboards. Build and use custom interactive dashboards with rich chart controls that use data from Common Data Service for Apps entities. Embed Power BI dashboards in model-driven application dashboards for deeper cross-system data analysis directly from the application.
- Metadata-driven responsive user experiences. Model-driven application user experiences are automatically generated upon entity creation. A navigation model, basic forms, and a subset of views are available for customization. User experiences are responsive and metadata-driven. Applications provide consistent functionality across all surfaces, including web and mobile and support for right-to-left (RTL) languages.
- Accessible apps out of the box. Model-driven apps built using the Unified Interface infrastructure meet Microsoft accessibility standards (go to the Trust Center to learn about our industry-leading accessibility standards). The applications enable users, including keyboard-only users and touch-only users, to perform key tasks. The apps work well with screen readers and won’t block other accessibility tools, such as one-click devices.
- Mobile player. Run model-driven apps on mobile devices. For tablets and phones, applications are automatically optimized for the device.
- Controllable delegation limits. Control delegation limits for non-delegable data sources that have up to a maximum of 2,000 records. This allows client-side operations to work on larger datasets.
- SQL views. To avoid performance issues, use SQL views to combine data in SQL Server before bringing it into PowerApps.
- Simplified access to entities through foreign key relationships. Intuitive access to entities included in a relationship (foreign key) in entities that are stored in the Common Data Service for Apps makes it significantly easier to use related entities in canvas apps.
Improved app sharing experience
Apps connected to SharePoint lists can include attachments
Improved support ticketing for admins
Automate governance with PowerShell