With the Spring ’18 release, Dynamics 365 Business Central brings the full power of Dynamics NAV to the cloud in 14 countries or regions and replaces Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business edition. Existing Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business edition customers will be automatically upgraded to Dynamics 365 Business Central at the next upgrade of their service.
Dynamics 365 Business Central is the next generation of Dynamics NAV, one of the leading Microsoft business application products, which has served 140,000 customers and millions of users worldwide. Dynamics 365 Business Central is an extremely flexible solution, easily adaptable to the needs of geographies, industries, and individual customers.
Main features and enhancements in Business Central for Dynamics 365 Spring 18 Release:
Broad regional availability
- 14 markets - Dynamics 365 Business Central is available in 14 markets.
Full suite of application functionality
- Essential - Includes a broad range of functionality that most businesses need to run their business.
- Premium - Adds Service management and Manufacturing.
Look and feel
- Modern user experience - A refreshed and modern user experience, optimized for insights and productivity.
Easy to extend
- App Source - Customize your experience with apps from App Source.
- Power BI, PowerApps, and Flow - Combine with PowerApps and Microsoft Flow to compose new applications and extend existing business processes. Integrate with Power BI for custom dashboards and configurable reports.
- Extensions - Many improvements have been made to the extensions technology, so that you can extend, customize, and build solutions in an upgradable fashion, decoupled from the base application.
- Individual customizations - As a user, you can personalize your experience. As a partner, you can apply customizations to one or more customers' experiences.
- Business API - Integrate with external systems and services by using the robust API.
- Modern developer experience - File-based development environment and a new development language.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Investments address the European privacy law’s requirements. Go to the Trust Center to learn more and find resources to help you comply.
- Accessibility enhancements - Go to the Trust Center to learn about our industry-leading accessibility standards.
- ISO and SOC compliance.