Data Integration provides the connectors and gateways that make it possible to bring any external data into the Common Data Service and store the data in Common Data Model (CDM) form. This makes it easier for customers to integrate their data in a single place for business applications and analytics. Data Integration is based on Power Query, the same technology millions of people use daily in Power BI and Excel.
Data Integration provides direct connectivity to hundreds of business-critical data sources, including:
- Hybrid connectivity via the On-premises data gateway.
- Integration into Power BI, PowerApps, Logic Apps, Flow, Azure Analysis Services, and Office 365 (Power Query in Excel).
Main features and enhancements in Data Integration for Dynamics 365 Spring 18 Release:
- Enhancements to major connectors, such as SQL, SAP BW, and SAP HANA.
- Improved capability for partners to create and distribute their own connectors.
- Extensibility enhancements that enable lightweight connectors to be deployed to Power BI.
- Gateway improvements on the desktop and in the cloud, including DirectQuery support.