The Spring ’18 release delivers investments in user experience, performance, developer productivity, and compliance across the Customer Service Hub, Dynamics 365 Portal, Voice of the Customer (VoC), and Unified Service Desk.
Main features and enhancements in Customer Service for Dynamics 365 Spring 18 Release:
Customer Service Hub
- Interactive dashboards - Customer Service Hub dashboards are a one-stop workplace where agents and supervisors review their workload and take actions to resolve issues. Dashboards make it easier to review and act on information coming from various entity views and queues, and make it easier to apply additional filtering with visual, global, and timeframe filters to quickly narrow down what is most actionable and urgent.
- Tier 1 dashboard for agents
- Tier 2 dashboard for service managers or Tier 2 agents
- Business process flows for standardized case handling - Business process flows ensure that agents enter case data consistently and follow the same steps every time they interact with a customer. Business process flows support floating and docked mode for process stages, which lets agents view case information and update the process stages simultaneously.
- Timeline view of customer interactions and activities - Capture customer interactions and communications by adding them as activities in the timeline section of the dashboard. The timeline section presents a unified view of everything that has happened with a case, such as email received, follow-up tasks, and automatically generated system posts, plus any notes taken during customer interactions.
- Search for knowledge articles on the reference panel - Reference panel tabs allow agents to quickly find related records, or search knowledge articles for accounts, contacts, cases, and other knowledge articles.
- Support for authoring, searching, publishing, and translating knowledge articles - Author and edit well-formatted content for knowledge articles using a rich text editor. The editor brings common word processor features like advanced styling, linking, find and replace, and insert images and tables. Search, publish, and translate knowledge articles. Preview how the knowledge articles render on different devices before publishing.
- Best practice analyzer for Unified Service Desk - Best practice analyzer is a developer tool that identifies defects in customizations and extensions, to help developers build and deploy efficient customizations and extensions.
- Unified Interface apps integrate with Unified Service Desk (Public Preview) - Unified Interface apps integrate with Unified Service Desk to provide consistent user experiences for session management, customizable layouts, agent guidance, line-of-business applications, and channel integration.